Wednesday 25 May 2016

Round 13 Day 13

It's a bit scary. The condition I'm in now compared to this point in previous fortnightly treatments. I should feel 'normal' by now. But I don't. It's making me wonder what future weeks will be like. I might not be able to do anything. 

Today I managed to do things. I got up in the morning. We took the dogs for a walk on the beach. Which was wonderful. It felt like it's been too long since I walked on a beach. It wasn't a warm day but I still just had to take my shoes and socks off and walk on the beach barefoot, get some sand and sea between my toes.

It made my feet sore, due to my new super sensitive skin thanks to chemo, but it was still well worth it.
Later I had my usual pre-chemo blood test. Shortly after we set off I realised I'd left my referral at home (this is not the first time I've done something like this!) so I had to call the hospital and get them to fax a copy over.
I learnt that the people who do blood tests are called Phlebotomists. I'm getting to recognise quite a few of the people who work there. Got seen by one of the total ninjas again.

Then off to work. Despite feeling less than fine, and starting to really dread the next round in a way I hadn't really experienced before, I was managing to maintain a really upbeat mood. I don't know why. I could have skipped to work. I felt so happy. I had a good song stuck in my head. I had a great shift at work, and afterwards David and I met a friend for dinner. We had a lovely time and I ate everything, which is really good, as eating has not been easy for me and I've lost a little weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment