Wednesday 11 May 2016

Round 12 Day 20 - Blood Tests

Today I had to get my usual, pre-chemo blood test. As I'd had a cannlua in my left arm for the CT scan the day before, I asked the blood-test-person if they could do it from my right arm.

Well she had a go. She got the needle in. She even got some blood out. I wasn't watching of course. So I can't give you any more detail than that. 

Other than that it didn't work.

So then she had to just start again on the left arm. Where I had the cannlua the day before.

I've come a long way on the needle front. But the fact that I still feel the need to share every little needle incident that comes my way just goes to show that some things don't change too easily.

I feel like some sort of evil secret shopper - needlers of Hobart beware - I'll tell everyone about you! 

But it's not you - it's me.

So I'd like to say that the blood-test-person did a fine job really. I guess my veins were just not being cooperative that day.

I got two little bruises and two little round plasters in the crook of my elbows. 


No comments:

Post a Comment