Wednesday 2 December 2015

Round 6 Day 12

Before I start normal blogging, I want to say a big THANK YOU to everyone for all the love and support! It really means a lot to me. I don't really have the words to say how much.

Anyway, blog...

I really hesitated to still use the old 'Round 6' title. BUT I am still experiencing side effects from the last round. I kind of feel it's good to acknowledge it's not even been 2 weeks yet since my previous round of chemo. The results of the PET scan are fantastic, but its not over yet. Previously at this point, I'd be 3 days away from my next round, this time its 17 days away. That means I get to feel good for just over 2 weeks! The closest I get to feeling fully well was every other Thursday. Will I feel even better this Friday? I hope so! Even if I don't - its really pretty good! I'm really excited to be not having chemo this Friday

This morning I did my Christmas shopping. Good to get it done! This afternoon I went to work. The first time in nearly 2 weeks. It feels so good to get behind that desk, to pick up the phone and say in my 'telephone voice' 'Good afternoon, BODYSYSTEM physio, this is Felicity', to greet the patients as they walk in, and see all my wonderful colleagues. Sometimes see them is as much as I get to do, we are busy and working after all, but its still great.
This morning I signed a contract that changes me from a 'permanent' position to 'causal'. This was a mutual decision that makes a lot of sense for me and for the business. Casual is what my roster has been since this whole thing started. It feels like a big deal. A really big deal. But it doesn't have to be forever. For now it makes sense.

I'm still processing the news of the PET scan. And I feel really tired. I think its a combination of a little bit of chemo fatigue, a little bit of 'I've been busy and I didn't get much sleep', and a lot of comedown from a very emotionally intense week.

I think I need a holiday! Oh, that's right - we're off to VIC tomorrow for a catch up with friends and relations! YAY!!

I'm not planning to blog during that time! Have a nice weekend everyone! xxx

2 comments:

  1. I am really enjoying your blog Felicity - it was so nice to see you at work today. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you to manage to run a blog through all of this. You're amazing. Enjoy the catch up with everyone x
    Anna

    ReplyDelete