Tuesday 1 December 2015

The Results are In


We got the results of the PET scan today. The tumors are greatly reduced, almost undetectable. This is awesome. I don't think it's fully sunk in yet. Actually I'm sure it hasn't.

One of the things I've been looking forward to (and also fearing) is knowing 'what's next'.

So this is what we know:

My next PET scan will be in another 3 months.

In the meantime, I won't have another round of chemo until the 18th of December, and for now it will be without any Oxaliplatin, which will hopefully mean milder side effects. The treatments might also be less frequent, and we'll try to change to a tablet form of chemo at some stage, which means no more bottles, which will be nice.

With this great result so far, I thought I'd spend the rest of the day on a high but instead I had a real energy crash. I guess it's been a big week.


6 comments:

  1. great news little fireworkxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such wonderful news! Not surprised you crashed - it's a big deal to get your head around. Well done.
    Anna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great news Fliss, we're so pleased. Love James and Lisa xxx

    ReplyDelete