Saturday 23 April 2016

Round 12 Day 1

I haven't blogged for 3 weeks - not since my last treatment.

I meant to a few times, but this last 3 weeks I've been struggling with fatigue. It's still not as bad as it was before, during my last treatment, but it's a bit more erratic. Whereas with the previous treatment I knew when I would be sleeping all day and when I would have nearly normal energy levels, this time it seems to strike at random. Which is a bit inconvenient. I've had to cancel quite a few commitments as a result.

I spent the last 2 weekends in bed. And the weeks doing the absolute minimum I could get away with. And sometimes that equates to spending all day in bed.

I felt pretty good yesterday, like I'd turned a corner, and was looking forward to going to yoga this morning.

This morning was a write off. First I cancelled yoga. Then I still couldn't get up so I cancelled the gym. Next was chemo, I wasn't going to cancel that, but if it wasn't for Dave I probably wouldn't have got myself there in time.

We even managed to walk in as usual. A little slower than usual. And it was a beautiful day. I was really happy to be out in the fresh air and sunshine walking with my husband.

We arrived just in time for my appointment. And that is when we remembered the Emla cream! The nurse let us put some on then and she dragged out the prep as long as she could to give it time to take effect. 

It didn't. Oh well.

Here I am looking quite sleepy while having treatment. I don't love this picture but I'm really pleased I'm not still wearing my pajamas - it was a bit of a close thing today. The dress I'm wearing is clearly not a cocktail dress, but it is actually my favorite dress, I've had it since the 90's - I bought it from C&A, I think it was 8 pounds (What's going on? My laptop seems to have no pound sign key?). 

After treatment we walked home again - the weather cooled off a little from earlier but still very nice, and then I took it easy for the rest of the day, resting at home and taking lots of pictures of the sunset.

Like this one.





6 comments:

  1. Rest up and take care Felicity, I have missed you, see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kellie! Looking forward to seeing you too! xx

      Delete
  2. You look great in that pic, and the sunset is pretty epic.

    Bingers Tech Tip of the Day: how to type the the British pound sign:

    Hold the Alt Key and type 0163 on the keypad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. £ £ £ Thank you Bingers Tech Support :D £ £ £
      Felicitys Dislexic tip - alt0613 = e

      Delete
  3. You look great in that pic, and the sunset is pretty epic.

    Bingers Tech Tip of the Day: how to type the the British pound sign:

    Hold the Alt Key and type 0163 on the keypad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, you do look sleepy, but so cute. The dress is sweet and it's amazing that it's still going strong. Glad that you're still going strong too, my lovely. Hang on in there xxx
    Anna

    ReplyDelete